Pages

Saturday 2 July 2016

The visit



Last month a group of adults had done a 80 kilometer walk to raise money for the schools around the Glen Innes area. My school which is Glen Innes got an spectacular amount of money from the people that done the 80 kilometer walk. The money that we had gotten given was $4,600 everyone inside the school was so shocked that we were given that much money.

A few weeks after that two of the people came back to our school to visit the two senior classes room 7 and 8. Their names were Dreydon and Kate they came into each class on Tuesday to show a presentation about the 80 kilometer walk that they had done to raise money. They had a time limit which was to finish the 80 kilometer walk under 24 hours. The Hillary trail is what they had walked through day and night but it wasn’t so easy because they had to walk through Thunder, lightning and even hail. As if the 80 kilometer walk was hard enough for them imagine the Horrible weather they had to walk through.

They had also came into each class not to only show their presentation but help each student set a goal for themselves. Their motivation was S.M.A.R.T and they told us what each letter had stood for. I then had help making up my goal which was to answer question faster in my next maths test.

I was so amazed how organised they were when they went to go out on their 80 kilometer walk and how well they all communicated to each other while walking through that horrible weather. I think out of all the things that Dreydon and Kate taught us I think I would be able to learn how to communicate better while I work in a team. Overall this Dreydon and Kate had sent us a delightful package which had a card and some very yum pineapple lumps a few days after their appearance.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Talofa Lava Tane
I think your story about Dreydon and Kate is wonderful. My favourite part was when they sent pineapple lumps. Who did you like the best Dreydon or Kate?

Unknown said...

Talofa lava Tane
I like how you wrote lost about Dreydon and Kate I was amazed how much money they gave to our school.My favorite part was when they gave us lolles just like Zain and how they gave us money to make our park what was your's

Unknown said...

Talofa lava Tane
I like how you wrote lost about Dreydon and Kate I was amazed how much money they gave to our school.My favorite part was when they gave us lolles just like Zain and how they gave us money to make our park what was your's

Post a Comment